Sider

My prediction for the first semifinal 2013

This first semi-final can not be said to be a needle eye to pass on the way to the big final on saturday. Ten out of sixteen songs will make it to the big occation.
But which one will that be?
The juries will count  50% of the point, the other 50% will be calculated according to the result from the televoting.
No one can vote for their own country neither in te semi, or in the final. Each country shall vote in the same semi that they take part in. 
I hope and belive that Anouk wil make it to the final.
You can se all the rehearsals for this first semifinl, as seen from the venue by clicking on this link: 
http://eurovisionharlekin.blogspot.no/2013/05/prvene-er-na-apne-for-presse-og-fans-se.html

Here is my prediction:

The show starts with Austria. Natália Kelly sings her power mid tempo ballad, if I can say so?, very steady. Afterall, this is one of the songs I´ve turned a bit tired of. But, nevertheless most, people hear it for the first time tomorrow. I predict that Austria is the first qualifier from this semi.

I also think that Estonia will qualify. I didn`t whatsoever consider this as safe qualifyer before the rehearsals. But she Birgit has convinced me with her crystal clear and beautfiul performance. I don`t understand a word, but when that is anyhow the situation, Estonian language is one of the most beatiful languages not to understand.

Slovenia is next country on stage. This is not at all among my personal fauvorites. To me it appears as two songes that they have just put together. But even if Red Wine is good, and so is coffee. There`s no reason to believe that it`ll be a success to combine them. On the other hand, Slovenia has many fans, and is one of few uptempo songs. Or, at least half of the song is uptempo. I predict Slovenia will be in the final.

Croatia is difficult to predict. I love it. It has a atmosphere of croatian villages in it. It brings my mind to Vodnjan, a cafè, a bottle of white wine and some truffles. On the other hand, they are very special in their national outfits, which is a sort of croatian knight costume. But, no one can question their ability to sing. They have strong voices, and I like the tune. It is a borderliner, but i think it might just pass to the final.

Denmark is a safe qualifier. They are on top on every betting list. They have many fans. I feel that the song is too much of a pastiche from winner songs from the 1990-2004. It has a bit irish feelin, there are some drums that reminds us of Ruslana, and the appearance is very Loreen-ish.
Too me it is a bit too well calculated. But you can`t argue that this is the big fauvorite. Safe qualifier.

Russia has a terrible official video. It is so cheesy that even Walt Disney woul rotate in his grave, shouting: This is just too much! But on stage this appears as song with great apeal. It is easy to catch. Russia has many friends and will for sure be in the final.

Ukraine is also a safe qualifier. I don`t get this song. I feel that it is a sort of mess without any real tune. But who am I to judge? I know many people like this. And some of them might even think that the giant is not "to much". To me it is much to awkward to get my vote.

Netherlands is mye personal fauvorite in this semifinal. I really hope that this beautiful song will qualify. But I am not very sure. The song can seem a bit boring for some people. And I miss the children choir from the recorded version. It is a borderliner, but I have to hope that Anouk will make it to the final. But I´m not 100% sure.

Montenegro wil not make it this year, I believe. This is just not catchy enough, and both appearance and the song is very difficult to understand. Maybe I´m to old for this stuff. But if I am, many of the viewers also are. So I can`t see this making it to the final.

Lithuania is the second song I don`t think will qualify. The song is not very bad, but there are something that doesn`t match here. Andrius, the singer, hasn`t got the appeal on stage, even if I think he has a decent voice. Something has to leave the competition at this time. And I think Andrius will be one of them.

Belarus tries to get us into the beach mood. Even if I don`t believe in her at all, she will qualify. A lot of people like this kind of songs. And....bellies....and..... you know.

Moldova has a spectacular show. The song is good, I like it a lot. But the performance get much to starwars or alien inspired to my taste. I think this is also a borderliner, and could swap with croatia. But I think Moldova leaves us tuesday night.

Ireland has grown during the rehearsals. Ryan Dolan has showed us that there were no need to worry about his singing skills. I think that this song wil fight with Belgium about some of the same votes. And my feeling is that Belgium will win that battle. But I`m not convinced.

Cyprus is also difficult to predict. But even if the juries might like this, I don`t think many enough televoters will. It is a bit monoton, and therefor a bit boring to many viewers I guess.

Belgium has also grown, like Ireland has. Roberto Belarosa has a kind of boyish charm and attitude that just might kick Ireland out of the competition tomorrow. I believe we will se Roberto and his "Love Kills" in the final. But in the end, "Only Love survives"

Serbia is a hopeless act in everyway. Nothing is more annoying that girls trying to be sexy and dramatic while they are just nervous and uncomfortable. Here is a devil, a boring one, and one angel. Please don`t expose me for this shit in the final.




Ingen kommentarer: